Kilkenny County Council
Climate, Place and Environment, Transport
Role of Project:
Design and Communications, Engagement and Consultation, Report & Analysis
Connect the Dots are working on behalf of Kilkenny County Council to carry out a programme of engaging participatory events, collaborating with key stakeholders and citizens to develop the Kilkenny Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP).
The SUMP is a strategic plan designed to satisfy the mobility needs of people and businesses in Kilkenny and its surroundings for a better quality of life. This plan will see the implementation of a vision, objectives and specific measures. With these improvements the city will be more user friendly, while also making a more renewable future for Kilkenny’s local
The SUMP process particularly emphasises involvement and cooperation across different levels of government, along with citizens, stakeholders, and private stakeholders, allowing locals to be the main force driving the vision of the City. The SUMP will be designed by an interdisciplinary team of key stakeholders representing transportation, planning and the environment, as well as local businesses, resident representatives, disability organisations and cultural organisations, among
Connect the Dot’s approach included participatory events, collaborating with key stakeholders and citizens to develop the Kilkenny Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP). Our approach includes:
- Designing and delivering a focus group to key stakeholders with Kilkenny County Council
- Identifying key stakeholders with the key factors of sustainable development and innovation as essential development priorities.
- Gathering insights to curate a bespoke event that was accessible and approachable.
- Co-creating a vision for Kilkenny City’s Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan.
- Producing and managing a public exhibition in Kilkenny based on workshop outcomes.
Outcomes of the Project
- Bespoke workshops and events tailored to stakeholders with varying knowledge and skill.
- Worked to build council-wide buy-in, ownership and empowerment throughout the engagement process.
- Designing topical, inspiring and engaging events, that are inclusive and accessible to a wide a range of participants
- Post event report providing an overview of the discussion topics, identifying recurrent themes raised for next steps